John, a senior veteran, experienced homelessness for over 2 years before attaining affordable housing. John said the moral support he received along the way helped him the most. “You’d be surprised how much that makes a difference,’ he said.
Rodger celebrates his recent housing placement and move-in with Housing First Initiative case managers Marla and Katina.
BEYOND FORT COLLINS
By exploring diverse approaches and best practices to this complex challenge, we gain ideas and inspiration, and give ourselves an important lens with which to view our progress. This page is frequently updated with current models and communities we are learning from.
Fort Collins Homelessness Solutions Community Forum, May 2019
- Powerpoint Slides
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Glossary of Terms
- Presentation Video
- Fort Collins Homeless Services Resource Guide
Housing, Homelessness and Health
- Innovative Models in Housing and Health
- Homelessness and Health – Colorado.gov
- Health and Homelessness, National Alliance to End Homelessness
- How Health and Homelessness are Connected- Medically, The Atlantic
- Chronic Homelessness, Center for Evidence-Based Solutions to Homelessness.
- To Reduce Homelessness, A Chicago Hospital Is Treating It As A Medical Condition. Here and Now. WBUR. February 21, 2019.
Cities and Strategies We are Following
- Communities that have ended homelessness. United States Interagency on Homelessness.
- Los Angeles HHH (Supportive Housing Bond) Progress Tracker
- New Life Homes, Albuquerque
- Congregation Land Campaign. Interfaith Alliance of Colorado.
- Hennepin County Continuum of Care
Funding Housing First and Homelessness Programs
- Bring Chicago Home (Real Estate Transfer Tax initiative)
- Developing and Passing Proposition H and Measure HHH in Los Angeles
- Denver Social Impact Bond Program
- Washington Youth and Families Fund
- Funders Together to End Homelessness