John, a senior veteran, experienced homelessness for over 2 years before attaining affordable housing. John said the moral support he received along the way helped him the most. “You’d be surprised how much that makes a difference,’ he said.
Rodger celebrates his recent housing placement and move-in with Housing First Initiative case managers Marla and Katina.
BEYOND FORT COLLINS
By exploring diverse approaches and best practices to this complex challenge, we gain ideas and inspiration, and give ourselves an important lens with which to view our progress. This page is frequently updated with current models and communities we are learning from.
Housing, Homelessness and Health
- Homelessness and Health – Colorado.gov
- A Coordinated Response to Homelessness in Los Angeles – Reforming the System to Deliver Better Outcomes by David Streim
- Health and Homelessness, National Alliance to End Homelessness
- How Health and Homelessness are Connected- Medically, The Atlantic
- Chronic Homelessness
Cities and Strategies We are Following
- Los Angeles County Homeless Initiative
- All Home – King County, Washington
- Houston Coalition for the Homeless
- Homelessness-We Can’t Afford to Ignore It, Metro Vancouver, B.C.
- Hennepin County, Minnesota
Funding Housing First and Homelessness Programs
- Developing and Passing Proposition H and Measure HHH in Los Angeles
- Denver Social Impact Bond Program
- Washington Youth and Families Fund
- Funders Together to End Homelessness