John, a senior veteran, experienced homelessness for over 2 years in Fort Collins. John said the moral support he received along the way helped him the most. “You’d be surprised how much that makes a difference,’ he said.
Rodger celebrates his recent housing success and move-in with Housing First Initiative case managers Marla and Katina.
FORT COLLINS AND BEYOND
By exploring diverse approaches and best practices to this complex and solvable challenge, we gain ideas and inspiration. This page is frequently updated with models and communities we are learning from.
Community Forum on Homelessness Solutions
Housing & Health
- Innovative Models in Housing and Health
- Homelessness and Health – Colorado.gov
- Health and Homelessness, National Alliance to End Homelessness
- How Health and Homelessness are Connected- Medically, The Atlantic
- Chronic Homelessness, Center for Evidence-Based Solutions to Homelessness.
- To Reduce Homelessness, A Chicago Hospital Is Treating It As A Medical Condition. Here and Now. WBUR. February 21, 2019.
Cities and Strategies We Are Following
Funding Housing First & Homelessness Response
Education and Advocacy
Federal Guidance and Plan
Communities look to national guidance and the national strategic plan to compliment our work and drive local and regional alignment.
- Home, Together. The Federal Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness 2018 – 2022. July 2019. United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH).
Collaborative data allows Fort Collins to better assess the status of homelessness in Fort Collins and measure progress towards our collective vision. HUD’s annual Point In Time is one data resource utilized in many communities to identify local and national trends over time.